The Afghan Women’s Centre of Montreal is looking for passionate individuals to take advantage of two different volunteer positions:
-Basic Computer Literacy teacher
Why volunteering at AWCM? You will benefit from a unique experience in the community sector and a stimulating multidisciplinary learning experience.
-French teacher: Preparing for or holding a degree in French as a Second Language, or equivalent,
-Basic Computer Literacy teacher: Preparing for or holding a degree related to computer science, or equivalent.
- Fluency in English and French,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment,
- Strong interest in women's and refugee/immigrant rights,
- Experience in an NGO or community setting is an asset.
- Teach 2 one-hour long classes every week
- Prepare teaching materials in advance
- Prepare long term curriculum for the class
- Evaluate the course after its end, make a report and give it to the project manager (once every 2 weeks)
These positions are open to university students who want to gain hands-on experience in the areas of teaching, non-profit work, social justice and women’s rights advocacy.
The AWCM provides letters of reference and other benefits to its volunteers. Don’t hesitate to apply. We look forward to adding passionate volunteers to our team!
If you're interested in any of these two positions, please send your resume to email@example.com indicating which volunteer position you are applying for.